Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Destruction of Gotham (Thoughts)

Hey my name is Jorge Cosme and I'm from ENG 195 at LaGuardia Community College. I'm writing about the theme of the class, violence and art.

Today I'll be giving my thoughts on the book "The Destruction of Gotham". This book is about individuals in a complex and intertwine situation. A very good read, and excellent example of Sexual tension and the "innocence" a virgin woman has. One important moment in the book is when Donnelly the author writes "where virtue inevitably breaks" (Donnelly 38). In this passage he is trying to say how men and women are different, and how a women will give up her virginity or in this case innocence for survival. This book has many sexual tensions, but the one I feel most compel to focus on is Dottie's sexual relationship. For her she is giving sex for the survival of her self and her young child. It becomes more interesting to know the man that she is having sexual relationships with, is not in it for the pleasure, but he, Walton, get a sense of family from this. This know becomes more interesting to know emotional mental states that Walton wants. I plan to discuss
this for my essay...


No comments:

Post a Comment